With a donation of land by Jonathan Miller and construction and labor costs paid by the East Side Chapel Association, the small East Side Chapel came into being. On June 6, 1881, the first service was held in the Chapel; it was the funeral of Miller's 11 year old daughter, Katie. The building was dedicated two months later, on August 7, 1881.
The Chapel became a mission chapel of St. Luke's under the direction of the first Rector, the Reverend Oscar Treder and the name of the summer chapel was changed to St. Peter's Chapel.
Summer services at St. Peter'sChapel are held at 5:30 pm on Saturdays from Memorial Day to Labor Day, consisting of the Holy Eucharist.
From Labor Day to Columbus Day weekend, the service of Evening Prayer is led by members of the community with the permission of the Rector.
St. Peter's Chapel is located at 465 Old Stone Highway, Springs, NY. ST. LUKE'S EPISCOPAL CHURCH • 18 JAMES LANE • EAST HAMPTON, NY 11937 • (631) 329-0990 • EMAIL US